• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child-support issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephaniegaul1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I have 2 children 12yrs. and 16yrs. and my 16yr.old up and moved in with his father without anything said to me, and since that happened my ex has not paid child-support for my 12yr. old and i was wondering if he still has to pay for her or if it is considered 50/50 since we both have a child living with us. We never had a court ordered agreement due to an uncontested divorce back in 2006, but we had an agreement between the 2 of us and i have documents showing how much he agreed to pay and was paying with his signature on them. Just not sure where to go from here or if i'm even owed anything for my 12yr.old since we each have a child living with us now even know he makes around 2600.00 a month and i only make around 1500.00 a month.

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I have 2 children 12yrs. and 16yrs. and my 16yr.old up and moved in with his father without anything said to me, and since that happened my ex has not paid child-support for my 12yr. old and i was wondering if he still has to pay for her or if it is considered 50/50 since we both have a child living with us. We never had a court ordered agreement due to an uncontested divorce back in 2006, but we had an agreement between the 2 of us and i have documents showing how much he agreed to pay and was paying with his signature on them. Just not sure where to go from here or if i'm even owed anything for my 12yr.old since we each have a child living with us now even know he makes around 2600.00 a month and i only make around 1500.00 a month.

Thank you
What do you mean "...still has to pay..."? He never had to pay in the first place.

Get yourself to court to have CS established...and custody/visitation for that matter!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You were never owed anything even before the 16yo moved - your agreement is unenforceable.

Antigone*

Thank you
I suggest you make your way to the court and file for child support if you feel it should be paid to you. At this point in time he owes you nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">