• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imschertz

PA - I am trying to use the PA child support calculator located at https://www.humanservices.state.pa.us and one of the questions is:

Is there a mortgage payment for the marital home? If the Custodial Parent (CP) occupies the marital home, and the mortgage payment exceeds 25% of the Custodial Parent's income (including support due), the Noncustodial Parent can be required to pay up to 50% of the excess amount. If the Noncustodial Parent occupies the home under the same conditions, a downward adjustment can be made.

I transfered the house my ex wife and I were living over to her as part as the divorse settlement. I am free and clear of this home now. Would the above statement still be marked as "yes" for my situation? I am the non-custiodal parent.

Please help! Thanks

mistoffolees

PA - I am trying to use the PA child support calculator located at https://www.humanservices.state.pa.us and one of the questions is:

Is there a mortgage payment for the marital home? If the Custodial Parent (CP) occupies the marital home, and the mortgage payment exceeds 25% of the Custodial Parent's income (including support due), the Noncustodial Parent can be required to pay up to 50% of the excess amount. If the Noncustodial Parent occupies the home under the same conditions, a downward adjustment can be made.

I transfered the house my ex wife and I were living over to her as part as the divorse settlement. I am free and clear of this home now. Would the above statement still be marked as "yes" for my situation? I am the non-custiodal parent.

Please help! Thanks
It looks pretty clear. CP occupies the marital home. If the mortgage payment exceeds 25% of CP's income (including child support), then NPC can be required to pay up to 50% of the excess.

So does the mortgage payment exceed 25% of PC's income (including child support)?

LdiJ

It looks pretty clear. CP occupies the marital home. If the mortgage payment exceeds 25% of CP's income (including child support), then NPC can be required to pay up to 50% of the excess.

So does the mortgage payment exceed 25% of PC's income (including child support)?
I think that he should consult a local attorney. I am thinking that clause may apply during the two year required separation period in PA.

It would be odd otherwise, and I don't believe that we have heard of anything like that being standard in PA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">