• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I've done it this time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NellieBly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

My department at work is unionizing and I gave a quote and begrudgingly allowed my photo to be taken for a promotional flyer.

I really didn't think anyone would see it except for my 125 coworkers.

Wrong!

I just found out a reporter for a widely circulated, popular newspaper is going to publish a story on the issue and they are planning to use my quote. Apparently they are going to use my first and last names and I'm terrified they will publish the unflattering photo. I have a one of a kind name, so EVERYONE will recognize me.

Really, I prefer to keep a low profile. I don't even use Facebook for that reason.

Any last minute loopholes to the First Amendment would be appreciated.

quincy

The newspaper, more than likely, has its own staff photographer and the staff photographer will arrange for you to come in to have your photo taken, if they are planning on having a photograph of you accompany the news story.

Newspapers prefer to have all copyrights in any photos they publish, so there is no issue with reprinting.

Most newspaper photographers are good, will take several shots, and will often let you choose the one you feel is most flattering.

NellieBly

The newspaper, more than likely, has its own staff photographer and the staff photographer will arrange for you to come in to have your photo taken, if they are planning on having a photograph of you accompany the news story.

Newspapers prefer to have all copyrights in any photos they publish, so there is no issue with reprinting.

Most newspaper photographers are good, will take several shots, and will often let you choose the one you feel is most flattering.
Thanks, I feel so much better now. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">