• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support & College Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usc2626

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

My daughter is is turning 18 in June and is graduating from high school this year. She is planning to attend college in the fall of this year. My ex has already stated that she will not be paying anymore child support once our daughter turns 18. Our court order on the child support agreement doesn't have time line of when it ends nor does it have anything concerning college support. What is South Carolina's stance on post-minority support?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

My daughter is is turning 18 in June and is graduating from high school this year. She is planning to attend college in the fall of this year. My ex has already stated that she will not be paying anymore child support once our daughter turns 18. Our court order on the child support agreement doesn't have time line of when it ends nor does it have anything concerning college support. What is South Carolina's stance on post-minority support?
Most likely upon turning 18 and graduating from high school child support ends. Especially if your court order says nothing else.

mistoffolees

South Carolina Child Support
Child support in South Carolina normally ends when the child reaches 18 and has graduated from high school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">