• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying childsupport after signi g over rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faulkner70

Charlotte nc. Do i continue paying childsup?port even if ive signed over :confused::(my rights 8 years agoWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

Charlotte nc. Do i continue paying childsup?port even if ive signed over :confused::(my rights 8 years agoWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Yes. Unless your new orders specifically state that CS is terminated, you have to continue to pay.

How did you sign over your rights? Was there a court order? Did you simply give up custody or actually give up all parental rights?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It depends. Was your child adopted by someone else?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm taking bets. Anyone want to bet that OP never signed over parental rights but simply lost custody (or gave up custody)? I really doubt that the child was adopted or OP would probably have said so.
I won't take that bet because that is what i was thinking. OP just decided not to have custody/visitation and figured that meant no child support.

Antigone*

I'm taking bets. Anyone want to bet that OP never signed over parental rights but simply lost custody (or gave up custody)? I really doubt that the child was adopted or OP would probably have said so.
I've already been dorky once today, Misto so thanks, but no thanks:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">