• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name of a city for my business trademark

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grossmiller

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I am trying to trademark my business name which has the title of a prominent city in Arizona. My business is located in Arizona and I have been denied my trademark because another business is using that city name for one of their lines of wine. My business is going to be a distillery and I am going to be making spirits. I want to use the name for my whole business and not just one line of spirits. I am going to use other names for my lines. Do I have a case to be able to use this city name?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

quincy

Perhaps I am totally misunderstanding your question but, if your use of the trademarked name has already been denied because it is in use by another competing business, then I would say you probably don't have much of a case for using the name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">