• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with school theft

• Thread starter Screwed_student
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Screwed_student

Indiana...
Well I was in gym class, and our lockers hold about 70 people during this period. I had my car stereo face plate, and my mother's wallet as she left it in my car the night before, and i figured i'd leave it in my backpack because it would be safer there. Anyways, someone gets in and takes my mom's credit cards, 60$, my stereo plate, a watch from a friend, some money from a classmate, and some more money. I go to the dean and tell him about it and he says the gym teacher said the locker room was locked and my backpack should have been locked up anyways. After I left, i remember that after coming back from attendance line to get ready for swimming, a friend opened the locker door with no problem. Obviously it was not locked. If i issue a claim to the school is it probable that they will pay it? They say we are to lock our items in our lockers, even though our bags do not fit, and they promise to lock the doors, yet they failed to do so. Maybe I should threaten to go to small claims court with others that had stolen items and hope they pay without any court hearings?
Thanks, Zach

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">