• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping back Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zorae2011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

The father of my child and I are in agreement, for a lump sum payment for her to drop the remainder of his back child support. I am wanting a legal document drawn up saying if he stops paying again, he will still be responsible for the remainder of the balance, to me.

I am unsure what the best way to go about geting tihs legal document drawn up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

The father of my child and I are in agreement, for a lump sum payment for her to drop the remainder of his back child support. I am wanting a legal document drawn up saying if he stops paying again, he will still be responsible for the remainder of the balance, to me.

I am unsure what the best way to go about geting tihs legal document drawn up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Well, you can do it yourself or you can hire an attorney to do it. Those are the options that I know of.

If you want to do it yourself, you're going to have to spend a lot of time learning and researching the law. For a simple document like that, I would think that the attorney would be the most cost-effective option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">