• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

college and support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlee982

Florida- I have been divorced for 10 years. When we left we only took our clothes and some toys. I was afraid and wanted out with the kids. I signed anything he told me too. I think the papers said I was going to stay living with him (he is very controlling and didn't want me to leave) and no child support was ordered. I got out as soon as I found a house for us. He wouldn't let me work for the 13 years we were together except for him, so I got a minimum wage job. He then decided to pay me $500.00 a month for the boys. Now that my son is 18 and in college he is only paying $250.00 a month. We have managed OK and never used public assistance except free school lunches for my sons. Please help us I don't know what to do. Thank you for any info you can offer.

Proserpina

Florida- I have been divorced for 10 years. When we left we only took our clothes and some toys. I was afraid and wanted out with the kids. I signed anything he told me too. I think the papers said I was going to stay living with him (he is very controlling and didn't want me to leave) and no child support was ordered. I got out as soon as I found a house for us. He wouldn't let me work for the 13 years we were together except for him, so I got a minimum wage job. He then decided to pay me $500.00 a month for the boys. Now that my son is 18 and in college he is only paying $250.00 a month. We have managed OK and never used public assistance except free school lunches for my sons. Please help us I don't know what to do. Thank you for any info you can offer.

If your son is 18, it's too late to actually file for a new child support order - sorry, that ship has sailed.

Your husband doesn't actually have to pay anything without a court order - be thankful he's paying $250/month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">