• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DeadlySkye

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

So my ex-husband has been having his wages garnished since around Sept/Oct of 2011. Just recently I found out that he changed jobs (which explains why I haven't received any payment which I used to get once a week. He told the kids today he sent a check out to CSE, so I'm not sure what's going on.

He is in arrears about $1500 for about 3 yrs and CSE told me state min. is $1000 to be behind to be in trouble because they were about to take his license away til they found out he had a job and started garnishing.

My questions are: Would I know if he fought to have his wages garnished removed? Isn't he supposed to report his job changes? Can he pay CSE and not have to worry about being garnished? Would he be in trouble if I reported him? (which I will Monday or Weds depending when they are in office due to holiday and Tues is their court day - I just get tired of him making his own rules and laws with Support and visitation >.<)

SESmama

It takes time to have a IDO put not place at an employer. It has to go through Hr and/or payroll. If he sent a check to CSE that means he is aware that CS is to be paid regardless if the IDO is in place or not. This helps prevent him from being even further in arrears. Be happy this is happening. Give it a few more weeks (depending on when the IDO was issued to the new employer) for everything to wash through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">