• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ztyre7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

An administrative review of my current child support order was requested recently by my ex. I was told that the amount of support has to change by 10% in order for it to be put into place by my attorney. I received the results of the review and they have recommended an increase that is less than 8%. How is this possible if the rule is 10%. Do they just try and get this through because most people will not question it? Is it just a recommendation and will not pass because it does not meet the requirement? Is there some aspect to the rule that I don't know about that perhaps lets this be put into place without reaching the 10% threshold in support ordered? Just so everyone can see the math...current support order is for $827 per month and the child enforcement agency has said it should go to $890 per month.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

An administrative review of my current child support order was requested recently by my ex. I was told that the amount of support has to change by 10% in order for it to be put into place by my attorney. I received the results of the review and they have recommended an increase that is less than 8%. How is this possible if the rule is 10%. Do they just try and get this through because most people will not question it? Is it just a recommendation and will not pass because it does not meet the requirement? Is there some aspect to the rule that I don't know about that perhaps lets this be put into place without reaching the 10% threshold in support ordered? Just so everyone can see the math...current support order is for $827 per month and the child enforcement agency has said it should go to $890 per month.
File an objection and stay the order. Take it to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">