• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help court jan.25

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aclife4u

mississippi....i divorced my ex-wife in late 2005.. me and my new wife took her back to court sueing dhs and my ex-wife in 2009.. now i havebeen summosed to court and all the paper work isnt adding up.. but i havent paid my child support in the last six months.. i also havent been employed.. i have alot of paper work that seems to trump what the summons says.. what can i do to keep from being put in jail??????

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
mississippi....i divorced my ex-wife in late 2005.. me and my new wife took her back to court sueing dhs and my ex-wife in 2009.. now i havebeen summosed to court and all the paper work isnt adding up.. but i havent paid my child support in the last six months.. i also havent been employed.. i have alot of paper work that seems to trump what the summons says.. what can i do to keep from being put in jail??????
Attend the court hearing and throw yourself on the mercy of the court. And hope the judge is in a good mood. :cool:

Proserpina

mississippi....i divorced my ex-wife in late 2005.. me and my new wife took her back to court sueing dhs and my ex-wife in 2009..

And you're suing DHS...why?

Without an attorney?

Are you both of sound mind?

now i havebeen summosed to court and all the paper work isnt adding up.. but i havent paid my child support in the last six months.. i also havent been employed.. i have alot of paper work that seems to trump what the summons says.. what can i do to keep from being put in jail??????

Hire an attorney.

aclife4u

i sewed dhs and my ex wife in 2009..with a lawyer..my papers were wrote up again..since then i have been payin up intil the last 6months...dhs filed a summons in sept. in jan i will be goin to court..the numbers for my child support in the summons are not adding up..to my custody papers..they r trying to put me in jail untill i am paid up and even wanting me to pay court fees....i dont want to go to jail

Proserpina

i sewed dhs and my ex wife in 2009..with a lawyer..my papers were wrote up again..since then i have been payin up intil the last 6months...dhs filed a summons in sept. in jan i will be goin to court..the numbers for my child support in the summons are not adding up..to my custody papers..they r trying to put me in jail untill i am paid up and even wanting me to pay court fees....i dont want to go to jail

Out of interest, WHY exactly were you suing DHS?

And exactly what is happening/what happened with that case?

Regarding the child support - basically, you disagreed with the amount and instead of paying the amount and fixing it through the court system, you just didn't pay?

Is that correct?

I'mTheFather

When you say you 'sued' DHS and your ex, do you mean that you went to court to modify your child support order?

When you calculate what you owe, are you including interest?

Why shouldn't you pay the court fees if they have to haul your butt into court to get payment?

aclife4u

my ex called dhs and told them i owed her 6000 in back child support...dhs sent me a paper sayin i could write them a letter and set up a hearing.. i wrote the letter explaing we were still living together....they never set me up a hearing or contacted me back...thats why in 2009 my lawyer sewed them.. i had adoptated my ex other child in 2009 new dropped my right because she had married the childs father..support got dropped ..iam fine with the numbers...i called ex when i recived my summons..she claims she hasnt reiceved any papers..hasnt applied for tanfa or disability..she says this is all dhs doings..they have already took my liencse..and jan25, 2012 they r wanting to lock me up over oweing her maybe 1500?? i have police reports to show she wasnt lettin me see my child when i was payin her and didnt owe anything...will this help..have added up the payments that came with my summons and the numbers are very much off..just by the paper work my ex has giving them and the paper work they have!! this not even inculding what the new papers state for the most part they r still basing my back child support and current on the divorce papers in 2005!

I'mTheFather

One would think that more details would make the situation clearer, but that's not the case here.

I can't follow your story at all. You had kids, you adopted a kid, you gave up rights to a kid, you have a support order, you don't, you disagree with the numbers, you're okay with the numbers.... I'm lost.

Proserpina

One would think that more details would make the situation clearer, but that's not the case here.

I can't follow your story at all. You had kids, you adopted a kid, you gave up rights to a kid, you have a support order, you don't, you disagree with the numbers, you're okay with the numbers.... I'm lost.

I have no clue.

I'm going to get some more soup.

aclife4u

ihave one kid..wheni married her she had already had a kid..i adoptated her frist child.. and when we got divorced i have been paying for my child we had..and the other child also..2009 i dropped my rights to the kid i adoptated..leaving only paying for my child..i have no problem...im just wanting to know how they can lock me up if im only no more than 1500 behind...and their math isnt adding up and my child support papers they send me to pay child support stil has the other child on it when i am no longer her parent and have no ties

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
ihave one kid..wheni married her she had already had a kid..i adoptated her frist child.. and when we got divorced i have been paying for my child we had..and the other child also..2009 i dropped my rights to the kid i adoptated..leaving only paying for my child..i have no problem...im just wanting to know how they can lock me up if im only no more than 1500 behind...and their math isnt adding up and my child support papers they send me to pay child support stil has the other child on it when i am no longer her parent and have no ties
If this were not done in court and signed off by a judge, you are still responsible for child support for that child as well as your biological child. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">