• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SylvesterClan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I ow a large amount of support for a daughter in another state. Ive have been seeking disability, its been a long time coming. Ive got many issues but thats another story.

I have been working with Voc Rehab for about 4yrs. The Vocational Rehabilitation counselor was called into court over my lack of employment. It was determinded finding me a job is VERY difficult. I have also been working with a job service (which is in part of Voc Rehab). They basically all said the same thing finding me work is VERY difficult. They even talked about how I have been doing (Weve filled out over 70 job apps from Voc Rehab and Job Service which is verified before being sent).

I am wanting to try some schooling to see if I can improve what I can do and maybe get a job from it. However they (court) are not having any of it. They are threating me with jail and yet voc rehab and job services say nothing much more can be done as all that can be done is being done. Disability is on a back log of atleast 1 year. I dont know what to do? Anyone have any suggestions. I am wanting to work and pay but no one will hire me.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

I ow a large amount of support for a daughter in another state. Ive have been seeking disability, its been a long time coming. Ive got many issues but thats another story.

I have been working with Voc Rehab for about 4yrs. The Vocational Rehabilitation counselor was called into court over my lack of employment. It was determinded finding me a job is VERY difficult. I have also been working with a job service (which is in part of Voc Rehab). They basically all said the same thing finding me work is VERY difficult. They even talked about how I have been doing (Weve filled out over 70 job apps from Voc Rehab and Job Service which is verified before being sent).

I am wanting to try some schooling to see if I can improve what I can do and maybe get a job from it. However they (court) are not having any of it. They are threating me with jail and yet voc rehab and job services say nothing much more can be done as all that can be done is being done. Disability is on a back log of atleast 1 year. I dont know what to do? Anyone have any suggestions. I am wanting to work and pay but no one will hire me.
Yet... you were employed 6-7 months ago... Interesting.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/job-discrimination-harassment-30/managers-writing-notes-im-forced-sign-554238.html

Last edited:

Just Blue

How are you currently supporting yourself, ie...food, shelter, clothing, heat?

SylvesterClan

I never said I wasnt employeed at one time. I was only there for a couple months. I was let go (as was others) and was denied unemployment cause I didnt have enough money. So before you go and make comments stick to the issue I asked.

Current Situation
My wife is working full time to support, me, our 18yr old daughter. Since some of you wonder how do I have a daughter in another state and a 18yr here. My wife and me broke up for 4yrs (didnt divorce). I have always worked stable and always paid support till my health went bad. I cant help it my health went bad. Im seeking employment and trying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">