• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant w/Triplets & Husbands Ex taking us to Court for more child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tripletmom

I'm 2 months pregnant with triplets and husband's ex is taking us back to court for more child support. She told him that she doesn't want any new kids taking money that belongs to her kids. We already pay child support but I know we do pay low since my husband earns a little more than what he did when they divorced. Will the court take my triplet pregnancy into consideration? Can an attorney postpone the hearing until after the triplets are born? Triplets will probably be born around 7.5 months according to my doctor.

ecmst12

Your pregnancy and any subsequent children that dad decides to create in the future will have NO bearing on EXISTING child support orders. If he is paying less than he should be because his income has increased since the order was made, expect that his payments will increase.

Also, I hate to say it, but being pregnant with triplets at 8 weeks does not mean that all 3 babies will make it to term. There is a LOT of things that could happen in the next 7 months.

Last edited:

nextwife

Your pregnancy and any subsequent children that dad decides to create in the future will have NO bearing on EXISTING child support orders. If he is paying less than he should be because his income has increased since the order was made, expect that his payments will increase.

Also, I hate to say it, but being pregnant with triplets at 8 weeks does not mean that all 3 babies will make it to term. There is a LOT of things that could happen in the next 7 months.
Even being pregnant with a singleton doesn't necessarilly mean anything at 8 weeks. Been there, done that.

Isis1

Even being pregnant with a singleton doesn't necessarilly mean anything at 8 weeks. Been there, done that.
and just to throw in....OP only just revealed her state in her third thread this morning...some states DO allow for subsequent children to be calculated,

nextwife

Of course, if ex wifes income has also increased or she is voluntarily un or under employed, that may impact any adjustment. If she is un or underemployed by choice, he could also ask that she be imputed an appropriate income. I could not find the ex's state, so I do not know if it is an income shares state and her income is relevent.

ecmst12

Certainly children which have not been born yet won't be taken into consideration. And triplets is an extremely high risk pregnancy.

tripletmom

thank u all who given advice. I really whole heartedly appreciate it.

I had heard of hardships per child that are granted for subsequent children here in the state of CA but I didn't know if that was just a rumor. We want to pay whatever we are suppose to and of course a surprise triplet pregnancy also worries us financially.

His ex has a job and from what we know still makes the same amount as when they divorced. Something like $17hrly fulltime.

On the otherside, all who simply put things about possibly having a miscarriage, I thought that was unnecessary. Any woman who is pregnant knows that that is a possibility and a triplet pregnancy is higher risk on many levels. Rubbing that factor in is not helpful nor called for. You could chose to answer question or not without breaking up things of this nature. I'm not seeking medical advice.

Isis1

I had heard of hardships per child that are granted for subsequent children here in the state of CA but I didn't know if that was just a rumor. We want to pay whatever we are suppose to and of course a surprise triplet pregnancy also worries us financially.

His ex has a job and from what we know still makes the same amount as when they divorced. Something like $17hrly fulltime.

On the otherside, all who simply put things about possibly having a miscarriage, I thought that was unnecessary. Any woman who is pregnant knows that that is a possibility and a triplet pregnancy is higher risk on many levels. Rubbing that factor in is not helpful nor called for. You could chose to answer question or not without breaking up things of this nature. I'm not seeking medical advice.
it's not meant to rub in. it's a fact of life. the judge cannot rule on children that are not born yet. and that is why. it's part of life.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No worries OP - this has nothing to do with you. Let your husband handle his own matters.

Just Blue

OP, Is this a naturally occurring triplet preg, or through IVF?

Just Blue

I don't see how that's any of our business...
A Cali Judge might want to know if a multi pregnancy (if a child support downward modification motion is file based on said premise) was deliberate or a not. Perhaps not. CC would know more. I though it may be relevant.

davew128

A Cali Judge might want to know if a multi pregnancy (if a child support downward modification motion is file based on said premise) was deliberate or a not.
I'm fairly certain that even the idiot judges here in Cali recognize that the ability to have a multi-pregnancy by design is almost impossible physically.

ecmst12

But it is still not INTENTIONALLY trying to achieve a triplet pregnancy; IVF doctors want the best chances for live births, and those chances go down with multiples. It would mean that the PREGNANCY was intentional, but not the number of babies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">