• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support QUESTIONS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennieb1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) FLORIDA

Hello:

question: the father of my son was served on December 20, 2011. How long do you think until child support is coming in?

Also, I have an attorney and he advised me to keep all receipts of what I spent during pregnancy and after birth....I spent approximately $13,000 all together on medical billls, items for baby, etc....do you think I have a shot of getting some $$$ from the father for this?

I have an attorney, but I'm just curious about other people's experiences and thoughts. Just an FYI paternity has been established, my son is 4 months old and the father does not want visitation so I am the custodial parent. I am also unemployed....I lost my job through no fault of my own when I was four months pregnant last March....

Thanks for any help with the questions above....

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Hello:

question: the father of my son was served on December 20, 2011. How long do you think until child support is coming in?

Also, I have an attorney and he advised me to keep all receipts of what I spent during pregnancy and after birth....I spent approximately $13,000 all together on medical billls, items for baby, etc....do you think I have a shot of getting some $$$ from the father for this?

I have an attorney, but I'm just curious about other people's experiences and thoughts. Just an FYI paternity has been established, my son is 4 months old and the father does not want visitation so I am the custodial parent. I am also unemployed....I lost my job through no fault of my own when I was four months pregnant last March....

Honestly, I don't know that you're going to get many answers trying to second guess your attorney.

jennieb1

Hi:

I am not trying to second guess my attorney. As stated above I'm just looking for some input from others, and experiences others may have gone through.

This is a forum to pose questions and thats exactly what I'm doing.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Hello:

It's probably hard for dad to travel from NJ to visit, right?

In any case - you have an attorney who is familiar with all the details of your case. Talk to your attorney.

jennieb1

Not that hard to travel...there are planes, trains and cars. In fact, in Florida I am close to "3" airports...and if need be, both baby and I can fly to NJ where there are "5" airports close by.

I came on here to get others thoughts and experiences. It's a shame both you and the previous poster were so rude. That's a true shame.

Thanks!!

Zigner

Not that hard to travel...there are planes, trains and cars. In fact, in Florida I am close to "3" airports...and if need be, both baby and I can fly to NJ where there are "5" airports close by.

I came on here to get others thoughts and experiences. It's a shame both you and the previous poster were so rude. That's a true shame.

Thanks!!
Planes trains and cars all cost money.
I'm glad you're saving your $600/month at the expense of your child.

Antigone*

Thanks!!
If you and the child's father are not married, then why on earth should he pay any of your medical bills?. That is solely your responsibility.

jennieb1

Zinger:

Yes, those forms of transportation do costs money, but the father should not let that get in his way of seeing his son.

I love Florida and am glad I moved here. I have no regrets. It is a better life for my son.

I will get the financial support my son is entitled to, that is a fact.

What a shame you are so rude to a complete stranger just for asking questions...and how quick you are to judge.

Antigone*

Antigone - medical bills for the baby...i.e. Circumsition
That is money you shelled out for your child. Until a court of law orders this man to pay anything he does not owe you a dime. In fact all the money you spent before you filed is on you.

This is how it goes when you have a child outside of the marriage.

meanyjack

Antigone - medical bills for the baby...i.e. Circumsition
And IF the Judge allows them, you should expect that YOU will be responsible for some of the charges as well. If you think that you're "entitled" :)rolleyes:) to 100% reimbursement, then you need to share with the rest of the room whatever it is you're smoking.

And any charges you present can be argued against as well.

Antigone*

And IF the Judge allows them, you should expect that YOU will be responsible for some of the charges as well. If you think that you're "entitled" :)rolleyes:) to 100% reimbursement, then you need to share with the rest of the room whatever it is you're smoking.

And any charges you present can be argued against as well.
Dad (if legally found to be dad) had no say in the matter. I can see an attorney arguing and winning that point.

Zigner

Zinger:

Yes, those forms of transportation do costs money, but the father should not let that get in his way of seeing his son.

I love Florida and am glad I moved here. I have no regrets. It is a better life for my son.

I will get the financial support my son is entitled to, that is a fact.

What a shame you are so rude to a complete stranger just for asking questions...and how quick you are to judge.
Congratulations. I'm glad you have decided to make it more difficult and not less for the child to have a relationship with the father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">