• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advising

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

felicia colbert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california my daughter is 17 her mother and i divorced 15 years ago. she promised i would never hav e a relationship with my daughter and moved from here to there. Because of her mother i was able to get back in communication with my daughter but not for long. from that point on I sent money and wrote letters and tried to call. THERE IS NO CHILD SUPPORT ORDER IN PLACE. She recently sent me a text asking where the last month payment was. that her car needs fixing and our daughters tuition is high. Our daughter will be 18 March 12th 2012. How do i deal with this. I text her and told her I would be a little late last month

ecmst12

If there is no order in place you aren't required to pay anything and have simply been giving her gifts, if you were paying her anything.

if you were paying her anything.
Perfect example of how a 'senior' does a great disservice to this board, and its sponsors.

Why in the name of human compassion must so many of you be so mean? Even if the guy is lying through his teeth and never paid a dime, and, of course, we have no evidence of that whatsoever, why raise it except to be nasty? (Trying to impress your other senior friends, I guess, maybe they'll join in for some OP bashing.) I just can't imagine calling someone I don't know about facts which I'm totally ignorant, a possible liar.

Love your signature:

Originally Posted by CreativeBlock
If it matters, Ecmst12, I have never seen you be anything other than kind and compassionate.

proud_parent

Perfect example of how a 'senior' does a great disservice to this board, and its sponsors.

Why in the name of human compassion must so many of you be so mean? Even if the guy is lying through his teeth and never paid a dime, and, of course, we have no evidence of that whatsoever, why raise it except to be nasty? (Trying to impress your other senior friends, I guess, maybe they'll join in for some OP bashing.) I just can't imagine calling someone I don't know about facts which I'm totally ignorant, a possible liar.

Love your signature:

Originally Posted by CreativeBlock
If it matters, Ecmst12, I have never seen you be anything other than kind and compassionate.
Whoa.

I didn't interpret the previous post as accusing the OP of lying. I read it as "If anything, the money that you were paying her would be considered a gift, not an obligation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">