• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

support lowered...quick question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carmenthiq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Non custodial parent requested and received support modification thus lowering his order. I understand I have the right to appeal which I will do. When I appeal does that prevent the new order from being reduced right away or does it get reduced and then only increased if I win the appeal.

Thanks for your time.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Non custodial parent requested and received support modification thus lowering his order. I understand I have the right to appeal which I will do. When I appeal does that prevent the new order from being reduced right away or does it get reduced and then only increased if I win the appeal.

Thanks for your time.
Under what circumstances do you believe an appeal is warranted?

Carmenthiq

CSE instructed me on how to file the appeal, when I told them why I felt an appeal is valid. the only question I forgot to ask them was whether or not it would delay the newfound order. Figured someone here may know. But thank you!!! :)

meanyjack

CSE instructed me on how to file the appeal, when I told them why I felt an appeal is valid. the only question I forgot to ask them was whether or not it would delay the newfound order. Figured someone here may know. But thank you!!! :)
Your time to bring up your ALLEGATION -- WITH DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR ALLEGATION -- was during the support hearing. If you're appealing an administrative order, you're claiming they made an error in law or finding of fact. They didn't make a mistake if you didn't bring this up and/or bring supporting documentation to support it.

And no, an appeal does not 'delay' an order, per se.

Carmenthiq

BTW, my documentation of the allegatation is not made up. My ex appeared at a show cause today (completely seperate incident) and admitted to the judge that he was fired due to misconduct which is why he had not been paying. So I am not just pulling a rabbit out of a hat here. My ex got his reduction due to a seperate pre tense, which allowed him to give current pay stubs of a job he just got, at a much lower wage. It was during this time that I asked CSE about whether I could appeal based on this fact and they said that I can and should! Again appreciate all responses and the service you all provide to those of us who are trying to keep it together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">