• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Simple Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BozWalker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I need some simple advice unless I need to consult an attorney.
Im starting an internet radio show(podcasting) and will have a website and tshirts which i will sell for like $10 (doubt i will sell any my first 3 yrs) as i will wind up giving some away for contests and promotions But Do i need to start a s corp or some type of business to protect myself. I know sometimes your supposed to pay estimated tax on what you think yoour business will make in a year or so i was told years ago but Dont know any of this stuff . I will be laying out more money and probably not make any in first 3 yrs but if i do i dont want to get into any trouble. Plus I dont know tax laws what i would need to do etc. I was going to do a fundraiser to raise the $3000 to start the business but again no idea what to do or anything, I wont have any employee's (only interns) and do it out of my home any help? ill be checking back every 2-4 hours

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I need some simple advice unless I need to consult an attorney.
Im starting an internet radio show(podcasting) and will have a website and tshirts which i will sell for like $10 (doubt i will sell any my first 3 yrs) as i will wind up giving some away for contests and promotions But Do i need to start a s corp or some type of business to protect myself. I know sometimes your supposed to pay estimated tax on what you think yoour business will make in a year or so i was told years ago but Dont know any of this stuff . I will be laying out more money and probably not make any in first 3 yrs but if i do i dont want to get into any trouble. Plus I dont know tax laws what i would need to do etc. I was going to do a fundraiser to raise the $3000 to start the business but again no idea what to do or anything, I wont have any employee's (only interns) and do it out of my home any help? ill be checking back every 2-4 hours

Your plan is hardly "simple." And you obviously have no clue how to run an internet radio show.

Talk to an attorney before you get yourself into a lot of trouble.

Don't expect (especially in this economy) for people to "pony up" to support your project.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">