• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should my child be getting child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lovemygirl26

Indiana

Hi, my son is under his fathers care approximately 70-75 hours per week. The rest of the time our child is under my care. We ALMOST share our time with him equally. Should I be receiving child support for our child?

lovemygirl26

another question. i have reason to believe that my sons father has his new girlfriend living with him. Does he have to notify me as the custodial parent if there is another person living in his household? I have read things here and there about cohabitation being frowned upon if it is too soon, so im not sure if there are any legalities behind it.....

mistoffolees

Does that mean going to court ? Or can I do that just the same as filing for child support without the subpoena?
You can file for support without a subpoena, but you said you don't know all of his sources of income. If you want to know what he's making, you'll need to subpoena his financial information.

lovemygirl26

Thank you for that information. Do you have any information regarding my question about the possible live-in girlfriend? I have tried to find some information myself but I am not having any luck.

lovemygirl26

I ask because our child is only 10 months old and his fathers gf (which i literally just found out hes engaged to) has only been in the picture for a couple of months. I worry about the impact this could have on our child?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I ask because our child is only 10 months old and his fathers gf (which i literally just found out hes engaged to) has only been in the picture for a couple of months. I worry about the impact this could have on our child?
And how do you think this is going to impact a 10 month old? Do you think he's going to come home crying about Daddy and another woman? :rolleyes:

Proserpina

Hardly likely to make a difference at all.

If you make a fuss about it, you'll likely simply bring the wedding forward - and I'm not sure that would be better or worse. Y'know? Because once THAT happens, you certainly won't be able to prevent her from being around.

Best to let it go, in my opinion.

lovemygirl26

Geek- our child is at the age where he will begin to remember people aside from parents at a long time period. This means our child will be forming bonds with people other than just the parents. This worries me because his father has a history of MANY short term relationships...however very few have lived in his home until now. I don't want our child repeatedly exposed to person after person...meaning lack of stability. The main issue is that he has known this person for 2-3 months which means he doesn't have much knowledge on who this person really is. The risk is that he is exposing our child to an adult influence that is not known to either of us (parents). An acquaintance of mine is a child psychologist and has advised me at even this early age this could be potentially harmful to our emotionally developing child. My question is whether he HAS to give me this information since i have sole physical custody of our child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">