• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get any child support when he can barely pay hers and lies about his income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brunella

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEBRASKA

Curiousity is killing me. The ex has a previous order where he is to pay $200 a month for one child. When we were together I know that she got $60 biweekly from his checks and then once every 2 months child support enforcement would send a notice with a small past due amount listed.

The ex waits tables/ is assistant manager. He makes in average $400-$800 per week cash makes about $5 legitimate hourly and around $200-$300 per month for sales percentage that of which is taxed.

I believe he has recently claimed to make $1,000 per month maybe $1,200. Obviously I cant legally prove how much he really makes. I am wondering how they give mom #2 who has TWO kids any money when mom #1 who only has 1 child can barely get her full amount each month.

It is my understanding that in NE if you have one child you are entitled to 20% of the fathers earnings whereas if you have two kids you are entitled to 28%. They can't very well give us a combined percentage of 48% of his earnings so does anyone know how the formula works?

I'm just afraid that even though I have 2 kids and she only has 1...my order amount is going to end up being about the same as what he spends on beer each month. :confused:
Should this be the case I'd like to sign it, spit on it and mail it back to him.

Thanks

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEBRASKA

Curiousity is killing me. The ex has a previous order where he is to pay $200 a month for one child. When we were together I know that she got $60 biweekly from his checks and then once every 2 months child support enforcement would send a notice with a small past due amount listed.

The ex waits tables/ is assistant manager. He makes in average $400-$800 per week cash makes about $5 legitimate hourly and around $200-$300 per month for sales percentage that of which is taxed.

I believe he has recently claimed to make $1,000 per month maybe $1,200. Obviously I cant legally prove how much he really makes. I am wondering how they give mom #2 who has TWO kids any money when mom #1 who only has 1 child can barely get her full amount each month.

It is my understanding that in NE if you have one child you are entitled to 20% of the fathers earnings whereas if you have two kids you are entitled to 28%. They can't very well give us a combined percentage of 48% of his earnings so does anyone know how the formula works?

I'm just afraid that even though I have 2 kids and she only has 1...my order amount is going to end up being about the same as what he spends on beer each month. :confused:
Should this be the case I'd like to sign it, spit on it and mail it back to him.

Thanks
Contact your child support enforcement office. Ask for them to try to get a court order imputing him a wage equal to what his is actually making.

brunella

Contact your child support enforcement office. Ask for them to try to get a court order imputing him a wage equal to what his is actually making.
yes that would be excellent if cash was traceable. I was just wondering if anyone has knowledge of this alien formula child support uses when dealing with multiple orders. My mom was an intake worker for CS for a few years but didnt work that end and even she said it's like latin.

meanyjack

yes that would be excellent if cash was traceable. I was just wondering if anyone has knowledge of this alien formula child support uses when dealing with multiple orders. My mom was an intake worker for CS for a few years but didnt work that end and even she said it's like latin.
Your state should have it's method for calculation online somewhere. I would start with the state statutes.

Your order will be based on his income after his other CS amount is subtracted.

At the end of the day? You knew he had a prior obligation when you made two kids with him. His other obligation will come first.

brunella

Your order will be based on his income after his other CS amount is subtracted.

At the end of the day? You knew he had a prior obligation when you made two kids with him. His other obligation will come first.
not complaining. Simply asking if anyone knows what child support recovery's method is of dealing with situations like this. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">