• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyers - international

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pulsar

I have a question about the use of lawyers for businesses when they are not in the same country.

If a company wants to deal with lawyers in another country can they?
If not why? Is it because they are not legally allowed to practice law in that country?

If it is not possible, would it be possible for the lawyers in the one country to do all the required work, then pass it off to another lawyer in the same country as the business? That way the lawyer that is in the same country could sign off on it?

I need to be able to access lawyers out of country, for language reasons/international laws etc, but I just want to make sure that it could be done.

quincy

There are many international law firms. You can use Google to locate the international firms in your area.

pulsar

Thanks for your quick reply.

My customer base and I would fell more comfortable if we had the access to Lawyers out of country. I don't want to have to rely on big brand international companies unless I have to.

Is it possible to do what I want?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">