• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being harassed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

April4PC

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi, all....My husband has been harassing me and threatening me to give him money for child support. When we originally went to court, he said he didn't want it, so none was issued -- now he is saying that he is going to get me for back child support, which doesnt make sense, since he initially declined it. I have been giving him $300 a month for the past few months, and he always threatens that he's going to take me to court for more. The child doesnt even live with him. I want to contribute to my daughter, but right now he is being so hateful and threatening that I dont even want to deal with him. Since there was no court order, am I still entitled to pay him? What if the child isnt living with him?

Just Blue

Hi, all....My husband has been harassing me and threatening me to give him money for child support. When we originally went to court, he said he didn't want it, so none was issued -- now he is saying that he is going to get me for back child support, which doesnt make sense, since he initially declined it. I have been giving him $300 a month for the past few months, and he always threatens that he's going to take me to court for more. The child doesnt even live with him. I want to contribute to my daughter, but right now he is being so hateful and threatening that I dont even want to deal with him. Since there was no court order, am I still entitled to pay him? What if the child isnt living with him?
sigh...

Who does the child live with?

Just Blue

her grandmother
Morally BOTH her parent should be paying support to the GM. Stop paying Dad and start paying the GM. Also file a motion in court to make it legal enforced.

The $300.00 you have been paying to Dad over that last few months is a lovely gift. Stop gifting the ex. ;)

April4PC

Morally BOTH her parent should be paying support to the GM. Stop paying Dad and start paying the GM. Also file a motion in court to make it legal enforced.

The $300.00 you have been paying to Dad over that last few months is a lovely gift. Stop gifting the ex. ;)
Okay....thank. Im getting ready to file for full custody, but I just needed to know what to do in the meantime. Thank you.

April4PC

She was living with father, but he is unemployed now. I was in the process of filing for custody a few years ago, but he left the country with her without my knowledge, and I had to track him down in New York and serve him papers.

Just Blue

She was living with father, but he is unemployed now. I was in the process of filing for custody a few years ago, but he left the country with her without my knowledge, and I had to track him down in New York and serve him papers.
Huh? Last I saw on my map...New York was in this country.

April4PC

Ya...He moved to Canada, then to New York. I tracked him down in New York. His 2nd wife at the time told me where he was

LdiJ

Who is the child living with? You do not owe dad child support unless you are court ordered to pay, and no, he cannot get back support from you with this set of facts.

If anyone should be getting support its the person with whom the child lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">