• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parent in hiding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephanienugen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

how do i find a parent in hiding who owes more than 130,000 for an arrest warrent to be issued. Also, i need him to sign his rights over to my husband but want the arrears still responsible for .

Antigone*

how do i find a parent in hiding who owes more than 130,000 for an arrest warrent to be issued. Also, i need him to sign his rights over to my husband but want the arrears still responsible for .
Hire a PI. I have a friend who can buy an airplane and a Ferrari on the amount of child support he is owed. Needless to say, he is not holding his breath, and neither should you.

nextwife

Just because he owes it does not mean it will be collectable. If he has no or few assets, and limited garnishable income, he may never pay it off, even with jail and 50% or 60% CS witholding.

Unless he lives a thousand years or so.

meanyjack

YOu really should consult with a family law attorney to see exactly how this would be handled. Each state is somewhat different in if abandonment can be applied, and/or trying to serve him if you wish to start a stepparent adoption proceeding.

A family law attorney should know, and be able, to explain these to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">