• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More money more problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jonsrights

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mn
I am court ordered to pay my ex wife $215.00 a month for as long as our son is in daycare. I was informed yesterday thst he hasnt been in daycare for over.5 months. Shouldnt I get that money back or does she get to keep it to spend on herself?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mn
I am court ordered to pay my ex wife $215.00 a month for as long as our son is in daycare. I was informed yesterday thst he hasnt been in daycare for over.5 months. Shouldnt I get that money back or does she get to keep it to spend on herself?
What is the exact wording of your court order, please take out the names.

Jonsrights

I dont have the paper with me but it says "for as long as said child is in daycare" since hes not and hasnt been in daycare I shouldnt have to pay and she should have to pay me back, right?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I dont have the paper with me but it says "for as long as said child is in daycare" since hes not and hasnt been in daycare I shouldnt have to pay and she should have to pay me back, right?
Maybe, maybe not. You need to look at the wording around that phrase as well.

How old is the child, how much time do you spend with him, and how is it you didn't know sooner?

Jonsrights

Hes 8. I get him everyother weekend even though im suppose to get him during the week but she decided to move over an hour away so I cant see him during the week. I have been asking since september for proof of daycare she kept telling me she would get it to me. My son has said he doesnt go to daycare. Now that, im asking for the money back she s as id he is starting daycare next week.

Jonsrights

They live over an hour away and I only get him from 5 to 7. It is impossible to do it I work until 430 everyday so by the time I got there it would be almost 6 and he has to be home an hour later. That doesnt even give me time to take him anywhere.

mistoffolees

They live over an hour away and I only get him from 5 to 7. It is impossible to do it I work until 430 everyday so by the time I got there it would be almost 6 and he has to be home an hour later. That doesnt even give me time to take him anywhere.
Then file for a change of parenting plan.

And if you really want an answer on your other question, we still need the exact wording of your order. You'd be surprised at how many people tell us what they THINK their order says, but when they dig it out, it says something entirely different.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
How is this her fault?

meanyjack

You say "she decided" to move an hour away. The only way "she decided" is because YOU allowed her to move one way or another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">