• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child supportcollege cost question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigercub65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey
i am scheduled to pay 50% of college costs for my daughter. i was able obtain 2 scholarships for her. what is the proper way to handle this? 1. subtract amount of scholarship from total amount and then split that with her mother or 2. get portion total i owe and then subtract scholarship amounts?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey
i am scheduled to pay 50% of college costs for my daughter. i was able obtain 2 scholarships for her. what is the proper way to handle this? 1. subtract amount of scholarship from total amount and then split that with her mother or 2. get portion total i owe and then subtract scholarship amounts?
If you have to pay half the costs of her education, then option 1 is what you need to abide by.

meanyjack

Your "1st option". Usually it's whatever is left "out of pocket" (if you will) after any applicable grants and scholarships are applied.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">