• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non payment - Japan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conkeen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

i have a support order in fl. i've been looking for my sons father in nv. i just found out he lives in japan. i know japan doesn't support us child support orders but will the federal government do something via his passport/green card/ residency or however he is living there?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

i have a support order in fl. i've been looking for my sons father in nv. i just found out he lives in japan. i know japan doesn't support us child support orders but will the federal government do something via his passport/green card/ residency or however he is living there?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Start here:
Child Support Enforcement Abroad for U.S. Citizens
Actually, Japan WILL enforce U.S. child support orders in many cases via their signing of several international treaties. Open that article and search for 'japan' to see what treaties they've signed. The article will give lots of helpful advice In short, you're going to have to work with your CSE office in FL to get international enforcement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">