• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting childsupport from a donor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pclassic123

Need Nebraska law for obtaining child support from a donor who sees his now 15 yr old daughter and has since she was 7. He has paid for some of her education to go to a catholic school. He gave her a cell phone and pays for the service. I had my daughter invitro with the father as a known donor who is not on the birth certificate. Since my daughter has become a teen. I have had some trouble with getting her to abide by my rules. I have tried to get his help and he doesn't want to look like the bad guy. First, he wouldn't shut her phone off he pays for. She is on that phone all the time. She has even got into trouble at school for texting. When she doesn't come home at night I could use that phone to track her. I don't know who she is hanging out with and I have tried to take the phone away and she fights me for it. I can't sneek and look at the people that text her to see what she is up to because she will have it locked. I had a lawyer send the father a letter to give me the rights to her phone for use in gaining knowledge of my daughters where abouts and people she is talking to. Also for disciplining her. He never answered back. He picks her up without my knowledge and she is on probation for truancy and he still picks her up without my knowledge and she spent the night at his house which is in the next state. I took him to court to get child support and make him have to be a responsible parent. He won because I could only go after child support when I was pregnant and up to when she was 4. That time ran out in order for me to get child support. I have received welfare in the past. I am on food stamps and my daughter has medicaid. I was a care giver and who I cared for past away in April of last year so I am collecting unemployment know. To me he is contributing to the delinquency of a miner with giving her that cell phone picking her up and going past her curfew that was in the order by the judge while she is on probation and no spending the night without my permission. He has picked her up and went to his house in another state and she spent the night without my permission. I have left him messages long time ago and have told my daughter that he is to ask my permission. He won't answer his phone when I call. He will call my daughter and ask what her mother wants because she keeps calling him. Why was I not granted any child support? What can I do to make him not go against my parenting and to let me have access to her phone. Help What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?NebraskaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

Need Nebraska law for obtaining child support from a donor who sees his now 15 yr old daughter and has since she was 7. He has paid for some of her education to go to a catholic school. He gave her a cell phone and pays for the service. I had my daughter invitro with the father as a known donor who is not on the birth certificate. Since my daughter has become a teen. I have had some trouble with getting her to abide by my rules. I have tried to get his help and he doesn't want to look like the bad guy. First, he wouldn't shut her phone off he pays for. She is on that phone all the time. She has even got into trouble at school for texting. When she doesn't come home at night I could use that phone to track her. I don't know who she is hanging out with and I have tried to take the phone away and she fights me for it. I can't sneek and look at the people that text her to see what she is up to because she will have it locked. I had a lawyer send the father a letter to give me the rights to her phone for use in gaining knowledge of my daughters where abouts and people she is talking to. Also for disciplining her. He never answered back. He picks her up without my knowledge and she is on probation for truancy and he still picks her up without my knowledge and she spent the night at his house which is in the next state. I took him to court to get child support and make him have to be a responsible parent. He won because I could only go after child support when I was pregnant and up to when she was 4. That time ran out in order for me to get child support. I have received welfare in the past. I am on food stamps and my daughter has medicaid. I was a care giver and who I cared for past away in April of last year so I am collecting unemployment know. To me he is contributing to the delinquency of a miner with giving her that cell phone picking her up and going past her curfew that was in the order by the judge while she is on probation and no spending the night without my permission. He has picked her up and went to his house in another state and she spent the night without my permission. I have left him messages long time ago and have told my daughter that he is to ask my permission. He won't answer his phone when I call. He will call my daughter and ask what her mother wants because she keeps calling him. Why was I not granted any child support? What can I do to make him not go against my parenting and to let me have access to her phone. Help What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?NebraskaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
you went to a clinic to get this sperm donor? or was this a friend of yours? and was an attorney involved?

nextwife

This why it's best to use Donor #5327.

Alex1176

What does your contract says about child support and raising the child?
Please provide the exact wording without the names.

mistoffolees

I'm assuming that there are no court orders in place regarding visitation. If that's the case, you don't have to let the daughter go with him and you can call the police if he takes her. If there is an order, you have to do whatever the order says.

As for her violating curfew and misbehaving - that's your problem. If you're the custodial parent, it's up to you to control her via whatever methods work for you. Taking away privileges is a common one. If you don't want her to have a cell phone in your home, take it away from her.

The problem with child support is that Nebraska has a very unusual law that paternity can only be filed up to the age of 4 if requested by Mom or the potential father. Since you waited too long, you can't establish paternity. However, there may be a loophole. Other parties have the ability to file to establish paternity until the child is 18. I suspect that the state can do so. So if the state files to recover the welfare and food stamps they've paid you, they could establish paternity even after the age of 4. If they do that, you MIGHT then be able to ask for support. You need to talk it over with the state child support enforcement agency or an attorney.

TinkerBelleLuvr

The first thought that comes to mind is that if he is NOT the legal father of this child, then remove him from the picture. If he doesn't honor that, then file for a restraining order based on what he has done (think deliquency of a minor).

pclassic123

Child support from a donor

you went to a clinic to get this sperm donor? or was this a friend of yours? and was an attorney involved?
I dated him a couple of times. When he knew the only way I could get pregnant was invitro, he offered to be the sperm donor only. I had him sign a paper that the doctor gave me that states he gives up all parental rights. He signed it. Welfare office before I could get any assistants I had to show proof that I had my daughter invitro from a donor.

mistoffolees

His name gives up all parental rights. Then he signed it.
That agreement is totally worthless. Unless there is a court order for him to give up parental rights, signing a document won't do it.

Tink is right - if he has not been legally found to be the father, then he has no rights and it's too late for him to file to establish paternity. You would have the right to keep the child away from him and get a restraining order if necessary. Of course, that may not be the best thing for the child, but it would be a legal option.

pclassic123

I dated him for awhile and when I found out the only way I could have a child was invitro , he offered to be the sperm donor. The doctor gave me a form for him to sign. It states that I____ give up all parental rights. Then he signed it. No attorney was involved. When I needed assistance, welfare had me get proof of having invitro and that I conceived by a sperm donor. He's name is not on the birth certificate.

pclassic123

What does your contract says about child support and raising the child?
Please provide the exact wording without the names.
A form that the doctor that preformed the invitro gave me to have him sign that___gives up all parental rights. Then he signed it.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

A form that the doctor that preformed the invitro gave me to have him sign that___gives up all parental rights. Then he signed it.
Without him having been established AS THE FATHER, he does NOT have a child. YOU have a child. He is NOT obligated to do jack for either you or YOUR (non-plural) daughter. As the ONLY parent this child has, you need to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and actually PARENT your child. Period. Leave this guy alone. He's nothing to you, and apparently not a good influence on your daughter. LEGALLY, you have ALL of the say. He, in turn, has NONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">