• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claiming on taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Courtney81610

I live in NH. My son was born aug 2010. around the time of dec 2010 me and my sons father broke up. he paid we 100 every other week for his verzion of child support thru 2011. I claimed my son in 2010. I filed for joint custodity, with joint decision making which we agreed on, he only sees his son every other weekend since his son was born. Now that we are going thru the papers for custoidy we agreed that we would do every other year for claiming him each year. He told me since i claimed my son 2010 he should be able to claim him in 2012, i said no because i was living off 50 a week to raise my son, luckily i live with parents and a good support system to help me so i can work to raise my son, so now i have court in feb and i would like to know the likely hood of me being able to claim my son for 2011. i know that i will get back support since june of when i filed but still isnt it by law, the child has to live with you in order to claim him for taxes?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">