• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

painting business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aclark17

Hello my name is Aron I live in Los Angeles CA and I am trying to start a painting business. I plan to gather leads via canvessing (door to door marketing) and then hire out the work. My question is will this require a actual contracing license of some kind I would like to think not since all of my painters are licensed and insured. Ideally I would like to do this with simply a buisness license and soliciting permits

Aron

HomeGuru

Hello my name is Aron I live in Los Angeles CA and I am trying to start a painting business. I plan to gather leads via canvessing (door to door marketing) and then hire out the work. My question is will this require a actual contracing license of some kind I would like to think not since all of my painters are licensed and insured. Ideally I would like to do this with simply a buisness license and soliciting permits

Aron
**A: you need to do a lot more homework. Start off with contacting the state business licensing and the contractor's license offices.

aclark17

alright so I will need a ca state business license but my question really is why do I need a contracting license I am not painting my painters are all licensed and insured with the state of ca

asiny

alright so I will need a ca state business license but my question really is why do I need a contracting license I am not painting my painters are all licensed and insured with the state of ca
Because you would be a business that works in the contracting industry. DUH!
The business needs to be licenced, not the employees. If the business get's sued for bad workmanship or any other reason.. it's your head on the block, not your 'employees' who you sub-contract the work to.

aclark17

There must be a way to do this within the wording of contracts I require no license I am not painting anything the painters are willing to work under there own license and insurance

HomeGuru

**A: then you need a general contractor's license unless there is a painter RME under your company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">