• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debo6000

I opened my painting business in 2005 and registered to collect sales tax with ny state. In 2009 I sent in paperwork to nys saying that I dissolved my business. I thought I was done, but I did a job in in 2010 for 2000.00, got a 1099 and reported it in my 2010 taxes. Also I recently finished a job this month whorth 12000.00 and plan on reporting that one too. Both jobs where capital improvements , so there was no sales tax. I also never closed my dba with my county. What should I do? Is there penalties or fines for continuing to do business after saying that my business was dissolved to nys tax department?

HomeGuru

I opened my painting business in 2005 and registered to collect sales tax with ny state. In 2009 I sent in paperwork to nys saying that I dissolved my business. I thought I was done, but I did a job in in 2010 for 2000.00, got a 1099 and reported it in my 2010 taxes. Also I recently finished a job this month whorth 12000.00 and plan on reporting that one too. Both jobs where capital improvements , so there was no sales tax. I also never closed my dba with my county. What should I do? Is there penalties or fines for continuing to do business after saying that my business was dissolved to nys tax department?
**A: and what did the tax office tell you when you asked them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">