• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to expect tommorow??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shaysmom389

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

Tommorow I have court with my ex boyfriend. Our daughter is six and has only met him a few times the last time being when she was two so ofcoarse she has no idea who he is. He was ordered to pay CS back in 07. Last year the AG took him to court because he was behind on CS and hadn't made a payment in a year. They pretty much gave him a slap on the hand and just put him on probation. I was told it was for a year but others say it was only 6 months he was on it. Well, on that court day the lawyer from the AG office told my ex that if he had to bring him back to court for non payment he was going to jail.. Well, here we are a year and a half later and he hasn't paid in a year again. I haven't talked to him. I don't have his number,address, or any way to get in contact with him except his sister in law. I asked her if he was coming to court tomorrow and she said that he claims he was never served and so he wasn't going to come. He has no drivers license, and his mother in out of town so he doesn't have a ride. He is claiming to not know anything about the court date and time although sister in law told him the day and time for me. He is just trying to avoid it. I am wondering what I should expect with it just being me there?? I don't think he has reported his address to the AG office so I don't know how they will find him. They said that they served him on December 20th at his apartment but he is claiming otherwise. This may be a dumb question but will it help any if I tell them that he knew of the date and time and said he wasn't going?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Most likely a warrant for his arrest will be issued. If he doesn't want to pay child support, he won't. Don't ever rely on it.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

Tommorow I have court with my ex boyfriend. Our daughter is six and has only met him a few times the last time being when she was two so ofcoarse she has no idea who he is. He was ordered to pay CS back in 07. Last year the AG took him to court because he was behind on CS and hadn't made a payment in a year. They pretty much gave him a slap on the hand and just put him on probation. I was told it was for a year but others say it was only 6 months he was on it. Well, on that court day the lawyer from the AG office told my ex that if he had to bring him back to court for non payment he was going to jail.. Well, here we are a year and a half later and he hasn't paid in a year again. I haven't talked to him. I don't have his number,address, or any way to get in contact with him except his sister in law. I asked her if he was coming to court tomorrow and she said that he claims he was never served and so he wasn't going to come. He has no drivers license, and his mother in out of town so he doesn't have a ride. He is claiming to not know anything about the court date and time although sister in law told him the day and time for me. He is just trying to avoid it. I am wondering what I should expect with it just being me there?? I don't think he has reported his address to the AG office so I don't know how they will find him. They said that they served him on December 20th at his apartment but he is claiming otherwise. This may be a dumb question but will it help any if I tell them that he knew of the date and time and said he wasn't going?
If they have proof of service, his denials won't mean much.

Statements by your sister-in-law are probably not very useful, at least not by themselves. If she is there to testify that she told him and that is combined with the AG's proof of service, it would be pretty hard for him to prove his claim that he was never served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">