• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should we structure our multiple LLC businesses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CuriousFounder

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have a number of online ventures that we'd like to make official LLCs for the purpose of liability protection, opening business bank accounts, and making sure our taxes are in order.

The question I have is, how should we structure these LLCs to get the best in liability protection and to future-proof our growth if we want to add additional businesses to the mix? I've seen a couple different ways we could take our businesses:

1. Each business is its own LLC, completely separate from one another.
  2. Creation of a holding LLC that leases assets and money to the various operating LLCs.
  3. Forming a Delaware Series LLC where we'd have a single LLC with multiple business "series".
A couple more notes to point out:

• We live in Washington state.
  • We'll be registering these LLCs as single member (disregarded entity) businesses, since Washington is a community property state.
  • We will be adding additional business in the future.
Hopefully you have some great advice on how we can structure our businesses, thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">