• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support and Benefits question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rosjebosje2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennyslvania
If I file for child support on behalf of my special needs son, how will his SSI benefits, Medicaid, and food stamps be affected? I never applied for cash assistance through the welfare office, but I do know if you do that they automatically go after the father for support.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennyslvania
If I file for child support on behalf of my special needs son, how will his SSI benefits, Medicaid, and food stamps be affected? I never applied for cash assistance through the welfare office, but I do know if you do that they automatically go after the father for support.
You applied for Medicaid and Food stamps. Child support should be triggered already because you receive state benefits. Why shouldn't the father help support his child? Or are you just worried about losing state assistance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">