• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Iprice84

I have been living with my son's mother for about 7 or 8 months. I am on child support and the courts do not know I live with her. Me and her are having the same differences as before and I am deciding to move out. Is there any way I can receive justice from still being on child support? It is 505 a month and I am nearly 7000 behind

CSO286

I have been living with my son's mother for about 7 or 8 months. I am on child support and the courts do not know I live with her. Me and her are having the same differences as before and I am deciding to move out. Is there any way I can receive justice from still being on child support? It is 505 a month and I am nearly 7000 behind
And why didn't either of you report to CSED that you were living together?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Has Mom been on State Aid? If so, then you lied to the State and were complacent in the committing and perpetuating fraud. :cool:

I'd suggest paying your CS and getting those arrearages caught up.

Iprice84

Yes she receives food stamps and her apartment is 235 a month for 2 bedrooms! She does not want me to mention to anybody that we live together because she will lose her benifits, but at the same time she is making my life hell and I just want to see my son. My child support was building up even while I was not able to work and it is well beyond what I can afford. What can I do to make my situation better?

CSO286

Yes she receives food stamps and her apartment is 235 a month for 2 bedrooms! She does not want me to mention to anybody that we live together because she will lose her benifits, but at the same time she is making my life hell and I just want to see my son. My child support was building up even while I was not able to work and it is well beyond what I can afford. What can I do to make my situation better?
Not only that, but now she could be in trouble for welfare fraud. (You, too!)

You can pay the past due support. If you and mom are not together, then file for an enforceable parenting plan that allows you proper access. If Mom intereferes with that, then file contempt.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are committing a felony. Quit breaking the law. Why are you guilty? You are benefiting from her illegal reception of benefits. Deal with the consequences of your crime.

Iprice84

Honestly I just want out... I don't see where or what I would gain from her benefits and I know that being with her is going to be worse than being apart. I accuse her of being bi-polar and her attitude and nature shows it. If I am committing a crime I apologize for wanting to be with my family everyday and raising 5 year old Jr. Who should I contact to set everything straight. I live in Maryland / 20607 . I am 27 and so is she , we have a 5 year old son.

Antigone*

You are both committing fraud. You cannot commit fraud and seek relief from the fraud you are helping to commit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Honestly I just want out... I don't see where or what I would gain from her benefits and I know that being with her is going to be worse than being apart. I accuse her of being bi-polar and her attitude and nature shows it. If I am committing a crime I apologize for wanting to be with my family everyday and raising 5 year old Jr. Who should I contact to set everything straight. I live in Maryland / 20607 . I am 27 and so is she , we have a 5 year old son.
You lived in her subsidized apartment. You ate her food. You were kept warm with her heat. You used her lights. Should I continue with how you benefited? You have no right to accuse her of being bipolar. Are you able to diagnose (meaning are you a psychologist or psychiatrist and, if so, ethically you should not be diagnosing the person you slept with)?

You are committing a crime by knowing that she is receiving benefits and NOT revealing your presence and income in the home. You are complicit in that. So report your presence to the welfare office and her apartment manager. And realize there are consequences to illegal activity. You will still have to pay the child support. The court is NOT going to reward you for living in the home when you are breaking the law at the same time.

Iprice84

Im so freakin pissed right now , I never wanted to break the law I just wanted to be with my son... He is hurting the most out of the 3 of us...

Last edited by a moderator:

CSO286

Honestly I just want out... I don't see where or what I would gain from her benefits
You were with her--while she was living off public assistance and claiming you weren't in the home. This is fraud.

Had you reported that you were in the home and reunited with her, charging on your child support case could have been suspended.

and I know that being with her is going to be worse than being apart. I accuse her of being bi-polar and her attitude and nature shows it.
Are you a trained mental health professional? Are you qualified to diagnose her as bi-polar? A person's attitude is not a definitive indicator of bi polar disorder.

If I am committing a crime I apologize for wanting to be with my family everyday and raising 5 year old Jr.
Sorry doesn't make it go away.

Who should I contact to set everything straight. I live in Maryland / 20607 . I am 27 and so is she , we have a 5 year old son.
Contact the welfare and child support office in prince george's county office Here:
http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/Government/AgencyIndex/Social_Services/office_locations.asp]Prince George's County, MD - Department of Social Services : Offices

Or the state CSED: http://www.dhr.state.md.us/csea/contact.php]Department of Human Resources

Iprice84

I really am not a bad man and I pay taxes and child support. I had applied for child support modification and they stated that I have to physically there spending the night with my child at least 3 nights a week or have him for 180 days out of a year in order to have my support reduced... Right now it has been 8 months straight (240) days at least. How will this effect my case and if she lies, what type of punishment can she get for lying to courts about me living with her?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">