• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Avoiding Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j_lowery23

Here is my situation: I was incarcerated for a little over a year in North Carolina for failure to pay 2 court orders for child support. To be released, my mother paid a purge amount and I was sentenced to house arrest. For about 6 months I complied with house arrest and my curfew and went to court 2 times a month (1 time for each child support court order) to pay an amount determined by the courts. After 6 months I had a court date to pay an amount, but my girlfriend at the time refused to help pay the money so I cut the ankle bracelet off and went to Maryland where I currently reside. I posted my situation once, and I understand that I need to consult with a lawyer, however, my question is: If I do not willingly turn myself in, will Maryland actively seek me out since my court orders are in NC? Will NC extradite me from Maryland if I'm ever arrested? There are currently (2) active warrants for my arrest. My girlfriend at the time turned in my ankle bracelet for me after I left, will I be responsible for the damage done to the bracelet? I guess my main question is, if I stay in Maryland, will I never have to pay my child support or be reprimanded for my decision to avoid paying the child support?

Antigone*

Here is my situation: I was incarcerated for a little over a year in North Carolina for failure to pay 2 court orders for child support. To be released, my mother paid a purge amount and I was sentenced to house arrest. For about 6 months I complied with house arrest and my curfew and went to court 2 times a month (1 time for each child support court order) to pay an amount determined by the courts. After 6 months I had a court date to pay an amount, but my girlfriend at the time refused to help pay the money so I cut the ankle bracelet off and went to Maryland where I currently reside. I posted my situation once, and I understand that I need to consult with a lawyer, however, my question is: If I do not willingly turn myself in, will Maryland actively seek me out since my court orders are in NC? Will NC extradite me from Maryland if I'm ever arrested? There are currently (2) active warrants for my arrest. My girlfriend at the time turned in my ankle bracelet for me after I left, will I be responsible for the damage done to the bracelet? I guess my main question is, if I stay in Maryland, will I never have to pay my child support or be reprimanded for my decision to avoid paying the child support?
Why in freakin haedes should your girlfriend help you pay your support:eek::eek::eek::mad:

<spit> is the only other thing I have to say to you.:mad:

tuffbrk

What is the reason for your inflammatory statements? I cannot imagine that this is an actual situation or that your questions are genuine.

Go phone prank your momma and leave the hard working volunteers on our forum alone.

Just Blue

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/avoiding-child-support-571351.html

The scums posting Hx.:mad:

mistoffolees

Chances are pretty good that you're looking at spending some time in jail. Maybe only a little, maybe a lot, but you've committed a bunch of crimes - and then compounded them.

You really need to see an attorney to figure out how to start solving the problems you've created. And you can be pretty sure that a large part of that will involve paying back all the money you owe plus any future support.

j_lowery23

Is it safe to say that no matter where I go, I will eventually get caught? This is a very real situation that I had under control and then made a decision that caused it to escalate. If I get arrested in Maryland will they follow the same procedures NC did in order to be released?

ecmst12

Well it could well be an actual situation but might be someone other than the offending party posting...

ecmst12

I think yes, it is fairly safe to say that eventually you are going to have to pay, both for the children you stopped supporting AND for the additional crimes you've committed.

Just Blue

Is it safe to say that no matter where I go, I will eventually get caught? This is a very real situation that I had under control and then made a decision that caused it to escalate. If I get arrested in Maryland will they follow the same procedures NC did in order to be released?
As you are a worm...Who cares? :rolleyes:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Short answers: Yes. Probably not. :cool:

ecmst12

I seriously doubt you'll qualify for house arrest after what you did last time.

I also doubt that even if you pay the entire amount you owe at once, you'll be able to avoid jail time for all the crimes you committed.

j_lowery23

Update

I found out from my mom that my ex-girlfriend got mad at me for what I did after she tried to help me out. In return she has now given the Child Support Enformcement Caseworker in NC all the known addresses of the girl I am living with and her family. Now that NC has this information will they try to pursue me in Maryland or just wait for the arrest warrants to catch up wth me? I owe a total of $17,000 for both case and I'm sure that amount keeps going up.

Proserpina

I found out from my mom that my ex-girlfriend got mad at me for what I did after she tried to help me out. In return she has now given the Child Support Enformcement Caseworker in NC all the known addresses of the girl I am living with and her family. Now that NC has this information will they try to pursue me in Maryland or just wait for the arrest warrants to catch up wth me? I owe a total of $17,000 for both case and I'm sure that amount keeps going up.

I guess you'll have to wait and see, won't you?

:cool:

Firstly, take a page from Boston Corbett's book, and castrate yourself. http://rogerjnorton.com/Lincoln32.html

Secondly, walk to your nearest police station, turn yourself in, and ask for a lawyer.

The longer you wait to turn yourself in, the worse it will be. Not just for you. The kids, their mother(s), your mom, your (ex?) Girlfriend, and the woman you are currently using and her family. You are a craptastic person, and the only way you could possibly redeem yourself is to turn yourself in, serve your time, pay your support in full, and BEG for forgiveness.

Last edited:

LdiJ

You cut off an ankle bracelet and ran. You don't get put on an ankle bracelet unless you have allowed things to reach a felony non-support status. Now you have committed another felony by cutting off the ankle bracelet. What do YOU think is going to happen?

Seriously, what you have done is beyond stupid. Do you understand what your life is going to be like if you never turn yourself in and straighten this out? IF (and its a HUGE IF) you manage not to get picked up on the warrants you will 1) never be able to have a driver's license, 2) never be able to have a professional license, 3) never be able to get a passport, 4) never be able to have a real job or business, 5) never be able to save any money or receive any social security benefits when you retire, 6) never be able to buy a house or own any kind of property, etc, etc, etc.

Hightail it back to NC, turn yourself in, accept your punishment and then work three jobs if you have to, to support your children. Child support debt does not go away when your children reach age 18. Unless you want to be an extremely poor old man living on the streets you will fix this now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">