• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance from a Step-Parent considered in Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

despejo

My sons mother and I are going to to to court to determine visitation and child support. Our son is 6 years old and we both share him 50% of the time. (Things are not going so well... so unfortunately we have to go through the court sytem now.) My question is this: her now husband pays for our sons insurance because he has better insurance than me. (He was on my insurance for years until his mother decided to take him off mine about a year ago) Will she be able to say that she pays for his insurance since she technically does not, her husband does and his financials are not being used to determine the support amount? Just to mention, they have other children together, and he has another child from a previous relationship as well, so they share a family plan (insurance) through his employer, there is no added expense for him.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It may be possible that a PORTION of what he pays for the family plan is credited towards your ex because he is PROVIDING health insurance for your child and since she is married to him, it could be seen as her providing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">