• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to contest levy on credits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juanna111

Naples, Florida
I need your help pls. I got married in August 2011. Few weeks after my husband left to Cuba. Never came back. Havent heard from him. He abandoned me. We have joint bank account. I didnt know he didnt pay his child support so now they took all my money from the account bcs there was also his name and there is levy -$2000 on my checking and also -$2000 on my savings. Please help me how to get money back. I have zero. I had to borrow some money from my friend. If not, i would have no money for food or rent.He never put any money there bcs immediatelly after the marriage he disappeared. I have also his debit card with me. I got also notice of levy on credits. I dont know what to do. I heard you can contest it. But can you tell me if i do, how the request has to look? Does it need to have certain criteria?
Thank you
Marta

Proserpina

Naples, Florida
I need your help pls. I got married in August 2011. Few weeks after my husband left to Cuba. Never came back. Havent heard from him. He abandoned me. We have joint bank account. I didnt know he didnt pay his child support so now they took all my money from the account bcs there was also his name and there is levy -$2000 on my checking and also -$2000 on my savings. Please help me how to get money back. I have zero. I had to borrow some money from my friend. If not, i would have no money for food or rent.He never put any money there bcs immediatelly after the marriage he disappeared. I have also his debit card with me. I got also notice of levy on credits. I dont know what to do. I heard you can contest it. But can you tell me if i do, how the request has to look? Does it need to have certain criteria?
Thank you
Marta

CSE can attach any jointly owned assets. That includes bank accounts.

You might need an attorney to help you with this.

mistoffolees

CSE can attach any jointly owned assets. That includes bank accounts.

You might need an attorney to help you with this.
Well, an initial (hopefully free) consultation with an attorney wouldn't hurt, but there's probably little, if anything, an attorney can do to recover the money.

Open your own account, file for divorce, and move on with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">