• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Reduction during extended parent time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ateam131

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

http//le.utah.gov/dtForms/code.html My question is regarding this statute. if ex gets child on June 24th and returns on Aug 2 the child was with him for roughly 39 days. Because these 39 days are consecutive he reads the statute that child was with him for 25 of 30 days giving the 50% reduction and then another 14 giving another 25% deduction. I read this as June he only had him for 6 days in the month so no deduction. July he has him all month so 50% deduction applies. August he has him for 2 days no deduction. Who is right?

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

http//le.utah.gov/dtForms/code.html My question is regarding this statute. if ex gets child on June 24th and returns on Aug 2 the child was with him for roughly 39 days. Because these 39 days are consecutive he reads the statute that child was with him for 25 of 30 days giving the 50% reduction and then another 14 giving another 25% deduction. I read this as June he only had him for 6 days in the month so no deduction. July he has him all month so 50% deduction applies. August he has him for 2 days no deduction. Who is right?
Were the days consecutive, or were there breaks in between June, July & August?

ateam131

so how does that work? if he pays monthly? is it prorated or something.. because thats not what the statute says.. so his payments are $329 a month... so how much does he pay each month?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">