• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Delaware LLC --do I have to be on bank account?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BayBiz

Thanks in advance for help with this question.

I am a California Resident who is a part of a Delaware LLC with a business partner in Pennsylvania. My partner is insisting that to stay be on the articles of incorporation I have to be on the business account as well. I currently owe back taxes and have just filed all taxes and set-up payment plan with IRS and State Tax authority and also think I have a mark from chexsystems.

Bottom line, although I own 50% of the intellectual property that we make the LLC for, I have no desire to be on the bank account until I have had an opportunity to clear up these things fully. I thought my partner would be pleased about this as we have raised over 100K and I want it to be safe from my past errors.

Is anyone aware of any law that would require me to be on the account or why my partner would be so insistent?

Any help and/or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Antigone*

There's no particular reason that *ANY* of the members be on the account.
However the president or secretary of the corporation do need to sign the resolution. This is the agreement between the bank and the corporation to do business. Often times the resolution and the signature card may be on the same document.

FlyingRon

However the president or secretary of the corporation do need to sign the resolution. This is the agreement between the bank and the corporation to do business. Often times the resolution and the signature card may be on the same document.
Yep, an officer usually needs to sign. That person need not be a member.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">