• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using a "patented method" and how to contact the inventor of the method

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bri

I have come up with a concept to enhance a particular product that is already on the market. To produce my product, I would have to apply a "patented chemical method" to a product that is used in everyday life. More or less, I would have to combine the two. Is this conceptional product a patentable product? And if it is, how could I contact the inventor of the "patented chemical method" to offer monetary royalties?

ALawyer

First I wonder if your improvement can itself qualify for patent protection. If so and you protect your invention you might safely license the existing patent from its holder. Go to http://www.uspto.com for the patent office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">