• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Initial Disclosure!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fariba2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North California

I have few questions, but before asking them I like you to know:
a. I have tried to my best ability all law school clinics, art groups, many attorneys, and etc.
b. Please make a note, I never claim to know anything, and am very well aware that I am not an attorney, if my question sounds as a repeat or rude I apologize in advanced.
c. I also did see few posts and answers, however, my lack of knowledge I was not sure if that did help me.
d. Out of force not choice, a very low income, a group of defendants with one million and half revenue and very few proof at hand that made my case less desirable for a costly litigation in the eyes of many attorneys, there for I am pro se. I do have 2 handbooks that I am reading, but some areas are not clear to me.
e. I filed a complaint under U. S. C. 17 section 101 in San Jose, and my case is now in Oakland.
With all that said I like to know:
1- Knowing I must proof a willful infringement after sending 2 Cease and Desist letter and third one by a law firm how many copies is enough to show a willful infringement?
2- Can the defendant ignore my request for Initial Disclosure? Or lie?
3- Could someone be kind enough to send me a sample how to fill the PDF?
4- Can I use the defendant’s response to the law office as evidence?
5- In an IP litigation language: “representing someone only to advertise and promote the book” can be used as a person in charge? Or is it good enough to ignore the Copyright and ownership?
Please, help me, May God bless your heart :eek:

Last edited:

quincy

Fariba, your post has not been ignored by the volunteers here as much as it has not been understood by the volunteers here.

For example, you say you have filed a complaint under Section 101 of the Copyright Act, but Section 101 is Definitions. I can only assume that you have filed a copyright infringement complaint, but nothing else in your post is clear enough to offer you any good advice or direction on the matter.

I understand that you have already searched for legal assistance and have been frustrated in this search, but I suggest you continue to try to find legal help in your area. Two books will not get you through an infringement lawsuit.

Perhaps by visiting a law library you can, with the assistance of the librarians, locate enough information to help you build your case? But the bottom line is that, if you do not understand the law well enough to handle this pro se, you will need a personal review of the facts by an attorney who can help you understand the law. We are unable to do any personal reviews here.

I wish you good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">