• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this type of service legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M_Ant29

Is there a discrimination law that would prohibit me from creating a website that would allow people to display 2-3 minute online videos for potential employers to browse through and ultimately hire if they so choose? Even though it is a different industry I know that Roommates.com ran into serious discrimination issues for similar type postings. Thanks for any help!

justalayman

what you propose in general is legal. What wouldn't be legal would be if you discriminated against anybody based on any protected class.

M_Ant29

Thank you for the reply. I figured it was as long as my sites 'Terms of Service' stated & was agreed to, that if any employer did revert to such discrimination in their hiring procedures that my site would not be legally liable in anyway. I think having a lawyer review it would be my best bet. Thanx again for the reply

M_Ant29

Agreed ECMST12! Kind of similar to me ordering a VOD movie for $5.99 here at my house when there is a Redbox at the Walgreens directly across the street with the same flick for much cheaper. Or kinda like back in 1989 when I would dial 411 and pay to get a # when I had a stack of Whitepages just sitting in the garage. And kinda like....well, you get the point, I could go on all day, but thx for the post. lol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">