• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pension agreement not being paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

santonacci

Missouri

i was laid off from my prior employer feb 23, and we had a signed agreement for 15 weeks of severence. payment on this severence agreement stopped 4 weeks ago, and i have only been paid 9 of the agreed 15.

i have attempted 3 times to contact the human resources manager and his assistant by email, and sent a letter with copies of doucmentation to his attention (with a request for an approximate response date), and got no response. I talked to him today, and he said that "he had been very busy" and would discuss it with his assistant.

what can i do to get my former employer to pay the remainder of my agreed severence package?

R

roosjh

I don't know if severance is a contractual/required thing.
It is more or less a goodwill gesture from your former employer. I would keep pursuing but legally I don't think they're required to pay it out.

Paul

S

santonacci

How legally binding is the signed agreement (by both parties) outlining the exact terms of the severance payout?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">