• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue them ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheraz

11th, May 2001

FREEADVICE.COM

Dear Sir,

I own a business in Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). I imported a spare part from a company in Florida, U.S.A. last year on 1st, June 2001. The good was delivered very late in U.A.E (on 17th, August 2001) and resulted in cancellation of the order by my customer.
The good is still in the warehouse after all these months and don't hope to sell in the near future. I have incurred huge losses due to the delay.

I paid the exporter on 1st, June 2001 by Bank Transfer.
The exporter had told me (faxed a delivery receipt) that he delivered the good to the shipping company on 12th, June 2001. I contacted both freight forwarder and shipping company but they never gave me any good response.

The shipping company issued a BILL OF LADING on 4th, July 2001 with a particular vessel name mentioned on it but actually the good was not loaded on that particular vessel. I should have received the goods on 25th, July 2001 but it was not delivered on that date. I have a copy of the CARGO ARRIVAL NOTIFICATION where the vessel name and arrival date (17, August 2001) are mentioned.

I contacted the shipping company 2 months back and they told me that the company name and management has changed & advised me to ask for claim from the INSURANCE company.

I contacted their U.A.E. office and they told me the shipping company is under same name and management.

Now could you please advise me legally ? The price of the good is US $7000 and I don't hope to sell it at the same price. I want US&8500 as damages.

I look forward to your earliest reply.

Thanks and regards,

Sheraz Razaq

SHERAZ TRADING EST.
P.O.Box 20297, Al-Ain
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Tel: +971 3 7212705
Fax: +971 3 7212706

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">