• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TacticalSR5

I got mad one day when I saw a forum Called Landover Baptist church. I posted a rebuttal to their idiotic ways. Its a fake church and are a community of "Baptists", they say crazy stuff to get these responses and on many levels actually believe in the craziness they say... Im cool with debate, thats fine and dandy, When I signed up an account to enter the conversation I used my typical forum name, and then against my will replaced tacticalsr5 for MY FULL NAME as the visible name over the message.. MAking it searchable to everyone. I feel violated and would like to know what their rights are with my name???

I'm taking this instance of confusion and disbelief to step back and ask wether they can actually do that. I did not voluntarily give them my name or at least the middle initial which they added, however my name is my email address, which is also the one I used for this forum. These guys on the forum are quite crazy however I don't think they can use my email address against me on the internet for those who search my name?

What are the laws on name privacy? Am I able to insist the names removal as username? Or are these guys okay to violate me?

Thanks, I appreciate your knowledge and hope to feed on it.
T'SR5

Just Blue

I got mad one day when I saw a forum Called Landover Baptist church. I posted a rebuttal to their idiotic ways. Its a fake church and are a community of "Baptists", they say crazy stuff to get these responses and on many levels actually believe in the craziness they say... Im cool with debate, thats fine and dandy, When I signed up an account to enter the conversation I used my typical forum name, and then against my will replaced tacticalsr5 for MY FULL NAME as the visible name over the message.. MAking it searchable to everyone. I feel violated and would like to know what their rights are with my name???

I'm taking this instance of confusion and disbelief to step back and ask wether they can actually do that. I did not voluntarily give them my name or at least the middle initial which they added, however my name is my email address, which is also the one I used for this forum. These guys on the forum are quite crazy however I don't think they can use my email address against me on the internet for those who search my name?

What are the laws on name privacy? Am I able to insist the names removal as username? Or are these guys okay to violate me?

T'SR5
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

proud_parent

T'SR5

Based solely on the information you've provided in this thread, I was able to discover your name and middle initial (as you say, it's your email address) in another online forum (not the one you posted about), after about 5 seconds of searching Google.

Privacy protection starts with you. You may want to think about creating a different email address that does not reveal your name, and using that email to sign up for web forums.

As for the particular forum you posted about, you might email the webmaster and respectfully request that your posts be deleted. Then walk away, and don't post there again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">