• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have permission to keep this video on youtube?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeterKincay

I live in Kansas.

I took a video from tumblr.com and put it on youtube. I have permission to have it up on youtube from the owner. It is through youtube messages.

I didn't put it up without her permission, but she said that was okay and her intent was for the public to see it. Then we went on to make an agreement saying "I can do whatever I want with the video".

She's telling me she will sue me if I don't take it down.
But in the agreement I asked "So I have permission to do whatever I want with your video, right? "
She said "Yes! As long as you promote my youtube in the description, that's fine by me."
So I followed her request and put her youtube page in the description.

This video has gone insanely viral. It's been viewed over 1 million times and has been on huge pages such as RayWilliamJohnson, Sxephil, ShaneDawson, and the TV show The Soup. So it's pretty big. She'd have to have them take it down as well. That'll never happen...

Do I have the right to keep the video up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">