• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Movie Song

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nickcapone

I live in South Carolina if that matters, I don't think it does though.. I'm shooting a movie. I want to use Bobby McFerrin's "Don't worry, Be happy". However, The version I'm using is performed by another artist who grants me use of his work, is it legal to use his cover of the song?

quincy

You should contact Original Artists/Probnoblem Music at 826 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY, 10003 or call 212-254-1234 for music licensing information on Bobby McFerrin material.

The musician whose work you wish to use in your film obtained (hopefully) a license to record his version of "Don't Worry, Be Happy," but his license may not extend to granting you any rights in the work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">