• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The michigan mitten

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

solowika

I am just starting out in the freelance graphic design business. One of my customers wants to use the outline of the Michigan mitten with the shape of an excavator punched out of it as his logo. I am fairly certain that we're in the clear, especially since I see the "made in Michigan" mitten used on various product packages, but before we proceed I just wanted to make sure that we're not going to run into any issues. Are there any restrictions on using the state outline? I am not sure how to verify that there would be no issue - I tried the Michigan.gov LIVE Help Center, as well as the attorney general's office and neither could help me nor direct me to someone that might know the answer. I would really appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">