• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Execution Exemption Notice/Writ of Exec????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jewele

MN-O.K. I have the Writ of Execution, the Execution of Exemption Notice and Notice of Levy on Earnings. The way I understand this is that I send the Exec of Exemption to the Debtor. Then after 10 days I bring the Writ along w/the Notice of Levy on Earnings to the Sheriffs dept. They in turn deliver this Notice to the Debtor's employer for garnishment of wages. My question is, that on the Notice of Levy there is a spot for the "Attorney for the Judgment Creditor" to sign. I did not think that we needed an attorney for the collection process in Conciliation. Or is this just a spot for an attorney to sign "IF" we had one? Also, does this sound like the correct procedures? Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jewele said:
MN-O.K. I have the Writ of Execution, the Execution of Exemption Notice and Notice of Levy on Earnings. The way I understand this is that I send the Exec of Exemption to the Debtor. Then after 10 days I bring the Writ along w/the Notice of Levy on Earnings to the Sheriffs dept. They in turn deliver this Notice to the Debtor's employer for garnishment of wages. My question is, that on the Notice of Levy there is a spot for the "Attorney for the Judgment Creditor" to sign. I did not think that we needed an attorney for the collection process in Conciliation. Or is this just a spot for an attorney to sign "IF" we had one? Also, does this sound like the correct procedures? Thanks!
My response:

If you acted as your own attorney in this matter, which you are allowed to do, then YOU would sign your own name, print your name on the line provided (usually to the left of the signature line) and then, underneath that, you print: "In Propria Persona" - - which is the fancy Latin phrase for, "On my own behalf".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">