• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

achilds

UTAH

Recently, my 15 year old son and seven of his friends been to a birthdy party. They were stopped, while walking to the convenience store by two cops who were looking for two kids that had been reportedly drinking and trying to start a fight. The two boys they were looking for were not with them. They said " have you boys been drinking?" The boys didn't reply. One of the officers said, "if you have just admit it and we won't write you up or make a big deal of it, but if we find out you lied to us there will be trouble." They admitted sharing three beers. ( Belive me I don't condone teenage drinking, especially by my son.) However, they did admit to 8 of them sharing 3 beers. One of the officers got out a breathalilzer. Most of them were right at around .02%. He got out his pad and started writing up tickets on them. When they asked about the prior promise for not writing them up if they honest, the officer said he didn't want to but he had to. My son nor his friends trust any of the cops anymore, which I think is understandable. I know it was morally wrong to lie to the boys, but is it legally wrong. Isn't that luring, entrapment or something?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">